Sunday, September 9, 2007

Vikings season opener







Our family was excited for the Viking's season opener today (inspired by Dad)! We all dressed in our viking's clothes...There was of course one minor problem, the boys Viking's clothes were either inherited from Micah or bought at a garage sale. Bennet, our very particular clothes boy, wanted a specific Vikings shirt and pants. Of course Caleb, who usually lets Bennet pick out whatever he wants, decided that today he wanted the same clothes as Bennet. So, Dad said, Bennet gets the shirt he wants and Caleb gets the pants he wants. Well, Bennet cried for at least 15 minutes--needed to be brought upstairs to his bedroom twice because he wouldn't give it up. Finally he realized that his options were to wear the clothes he was given or none at all (you see him crying in his underwear above--and Caleb looks pretty happy about his clothes:) ). The only way we got him to smile for a picture though was to bribe him by allowing him to take a picture with the camera too.
Also pictured above is a "preschool activity center" that I am attempting to do with the boys. So far we have just been going over days of the week and the calendar. I hope to add weather to our charts too. I bought some simple books to work on numbers, so the boys have been practicing writing their numbers. So far we have done whatever number we put on the calendar. . .We'll see how long I am able to keep this up. I have been enjoying it, so we'll see.
I started teaching Sunday school today (well, actually I was the helper today, but will teach some weeks too). I am teaching in the boys class this year and they are so excited that I am doing it. After class, Caleb said, "Mommy, do we get to do this every week?" When I said, "Yes." He leaned in and gave me a kiss and said, "Thank-you, mommy!" It was pretty sweet. It is going to be a challenging Sunday school classroom. There are ten 3-year-olds!!!!!!! And they are very active. . . (Maybe Caleb and Bennet have shown them too many tricks last year in Sunday school). Our craft time was pretty chaotic-- There were papers everywhere--we were just hoping the kids went home with something:) We meet in a room where there is preschool during the week, so there are lots and lots of fun toys that the kids want to continually go to during the story and craft and then a sink that some kids just spontaneously went to wash their hands. Maybe it will get better as we get into a routine:) It will definitely be a change from last year as we had only 4 total in our class and we rarely had them all there every week. Well, there is a bit more I am going to share, but I want to post just two more pictures, so I will save it for that posting.

No comments: