On Sunday we drove up to Gooseberry Falls. I think we could have stayed there all day, but it was pretty hot, and I was feeling pretty uncomfortable--thinking it would be cooler up there, I packed 3/4 sleeves--I should have packed tank tops!!! The boys were busy building dams and loved tossing rocks in. Kylie liked walking in the water and just sitting in the shade with me. Walking over the rocks, I got at least one comment of "ooh, be careful, you're making me nervous." from a complete stranger--Dan wasn't too excited about it either, so I did sit and let him take the kids around.
We headed back to our hotel to cool off and get a snack and then later that night we rode "Vista point" a dinner cruise ship--it served pizza. We really enjoyed that too--although thinking that would be cooler on the water and Lake Superior, I packed sweatshirts for everyone. I think the only one who wore hers was Kylie--and that was mostly because she wanted to wear pink! By the end of the cruise, we had lots of tired kids and a few break downs because of it. . .but worth it!
On Monday we swam again at our hotel and then headed back to Canal park, but instead ended up going to the beach across the lift bridge. Again, it was very hot, but the water was quite cold. The kids mostly played in the sand, but did venture out at least chest deep into Lake Superior. After that we were going to go back and watch the ships a while, but because of the lack of sleep/naps and the beginning of some breakdowns, we decided to call it a good vacation, grab a bite to eat and head back to home again.
1 comment:
Very cute pictures. It looks like you guys had a nice time up in Duluth. I wouldn't mind getting there sometime again too. I am sure the kids loves the ships. We had a enjoyable weekend in Edgerton as well! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment