Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An update of sorts

how many guys does it take to catch a mouse?
The girls watched, cheered and told them where the mouse went. . .breaking out into "Macho, Macho, Man. . . " after the mouse was dead!
Dan--they all thought Dan had his foot above the table--really it was my foot across his lap.
We had a mouse. . .I think it came in threw our garage screen door as we didn't have a shield on it before and there was a large space--needless to say, we have a sheild on it now. I saw it one morning--Dan thought I was going into labor or one of the kids was choking. . .I left the house to buy traps, cement, foam sealants, and a sheild for our garage screen door. We had the neighbors over for games the next evening after our kids were sleeping and I happen to see it run in our bathroom. The guys all go after it--it was a tricky bugger--running over our traps several times in the chase without setting them off!!!!! Worthless traps. Finally Dan pinned it with the swiffer and David finished it off by a stomp to the head. Corky took a picture, but I didn't suppose you would enjoy seeing that.
Kylie asleep on a bike ride.
Dan has been wanting to keep updating my belly shot. . .34 weeks.
Dan took the kids on a bike ride on Sat.--about and 8 mile one--it was wonderful! It gave my swollen feet a chance to slim down a bit:) Kylie took her nap in the burely (sp?") and then the boys and I played Monopoly (or Monopoly town as they call it) for TWO hours! They loved it and played it with the correct rules even--but even in those two hours, we didn't get to the houses/hotels yet because it took so much for them to count out the numbers on the dice and then count the spaces on the board.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Laura,
Awesome belly shots. It makes me so excited to meet the new boy or girl Beckering cousin. We sure wish we could see you in person. We miss everyone so much. Great talking to you today. Hope these last couple weeks fly by. Love you all.
Aunt Alissa