Monday, May 12, 2008

Kylie update

Trying to get a good shot of Kylie--she is so busy looking at herself in the mirror, that she will only look at me for a second and then flips her pigtails around in the mirror as she watches herself. . .

Kylie's cute pigtails after having braids in yesterday. She has now become quite cooperative for doing her hair and some days will come and ask me for braids in her hair. I think she is tiring of having her hair in her face all the time. . .
Kylie on her friend Alex's bike--can you even see her eyes below that helmet???

I wanted to spend some time talking about Kylie's latest. . .I really wish I could get the video to work on the blogger with our new camera because we have some pretty cute stuff of her riding a bike, and singing "Jesus loves me." She has recently fallen in love with riding a bike with training wheels and our neighbors have boughten bikes for their 2 1/2 year old children, so she has been loving riding their bikes. We have made an incentive chart for Kylie--if she sleeps 30 days in her own bed without climbing into ours in the middle of the night, we would buy her a bike. She has now slept for 7 days (not consecutively) in her bed. . .so hopefully! Also, she has begun saying, "Oh, gosh" when she drops something or gets hurt. I tried to tell her that that is not nice talk. She sat there quietly for a few minutes and then said, "No, not naughty talk. Daddy says it all time." (I don't think he does, I maybe do more than him. . .) Another time, she was doing something wrong and she made the same excuse, "No daddy do that" We learn so young how to make excuses!!! Also, Kylie has begun learning the idea of princess. We took her to Dan's school play, "Cinderella" which she did pretty well at for the first half, but she kept asking for Cinderella--finally when the ball came and she came out in the beautiful gown and they danced--that was Kylie's idea of Cinderella. AFter that was over, well, the play might has well have been over too:) Every day, when I put on a maternity shirt that has a little bigger bottom, Kylie says, "I wear princess like you, mamma?" So, she was needed some new summer clothes and I bought her a skirt and dress for everyday playing in. When I got home, she put them on and for at least a half an hour or so, she danced around saying, "I a princess, I a princess, I a princess!" (she half sang and half said. . .pretty cute). I know we don't want her to be vain and we want her to focus on inner beauty, but I like to think of it like that one children's book that talks about us being God's princesses (is that a cop out?)

Some of Kylie's food tastes indicate a girl after my own heart:) My love for tomatoes is known well to many people, but Kylie's love for tomatoes is continuing to grow; My neighbor knows that I love them and she had a half of one left that she wasn't going to use and asked if I wanted, of course I did. I cut it up and Kylie wanted some--I decided to share, even though I didn't want to. She ate the entire thing (I only snuck one bite) and then cried when it was gone and licked the plate because I told her we didn't have any more:) I have been buying tomatoe/V8 juice because I LOVE it and Kylie drinks it right with me! I also have been craving salty, vinegary foods like sauerkraut. . .So I bought some the other day and we had hot dogs and Kylie wanted some on her hot dog. She ended up eating all of the sauerkraut off of the hot dog and kept asking for more. Today, I cracked open the jar at lunch time, just for a little nibble and Kylie wanted some more plain. Bennet was half way down the stairs when he started complaining of that yucky smell and even after he opened a window continue to complain. Caleb came up with a new rule, "Mom, our new rule is, 'No more buying sauerkraut at the store." I don't think they will ever taste it. Well, the video is now ending and I have to quick upload the pictures yet, but I wanted to tell you how wonderful my Mother's day was!

Dan and the kids brought me breakfast in bed after letting me sleep until 8! Dan also gave me one of the best presents possible. . .He picked up the house and did all our laundry for me including folding and putting away! That was nice! Then in the later afternoon, we grilled with Mike and Allison, Matt and Ang and Jenn and D.R. and had a wonderful time enjoying the chaos of 10 children:)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Hi Laura,
Wow, sauerkraut..that's impressive for a 2 year old! So fun to read your stories and see the imagination that Kylie has. Doesn't every little girl want to be a princess!!! Hope your feeling good. Would love to see a belly shot again to see your progress. Take care.
Alissa