Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Red Rockets--Soccer team

Bennet left, Caleb right--we were lucky we got here early, because the boys wouldn't have let me take a picture otherwise!Kylie on the sideline--yes, she is wearing lipstick
Bennet is the back red guy with the yellow ball. Caleb has the white ball and is further forward and right underneath the letter W.



I thought I would try post some soccer pictures of the kids--it was kind of dark to take pictures while they were playing. The boys loved it; especially at first--they wanted to sleep in their soccer shirts, and wear them all week long. . . Today, Caleb said it was boring (I guess it was good it was the last day--they had it 1 time a week for a month now). They had older kids on their team who were rougher than the boys (believe it or not). During any given break, I would see them hitting each other's chests and shoving each other around. Then Caleb was really going after a kid, so I called him over and told him to stop--he told me later that that kids had pushed Bennet on the ground, so he was going to get him for getting his brother. . . Dan came to one of their soccer days (even though it was from 9:30-10:30 in the morning). He definitely was a "soccer dad." He stood right by the fence and was hollering instructions to the boys just to be helpful of course. Finally Caleb shouted back at him, "Dad, just go sit down by Mom." We got a good laugh out of that one!

Kylie enjoys running around during the boys soccer and swimming lessons, so I don't get to watch all that I would like to. She is getting to be quite the communicater these days. We had a babysitter the other day, and the baby sitter told me when I got home this story. We were sitting at lunch and Kylie looks at me and says, "Hey, what's your name again?" I said, "It's Jamie." Kylie says, "Yah, Jamie, I like some more butter." (still her favorite food.)

No comments: