Saturday, April 19, 2008

MN Zoo excursion/Oh city kids. . .

A hard group of active kids to get to look at the camera!
Bennet the chicken!
Caleb in an egg!
Kylie the mama hen!
Two sister's pregnant together!!!!!! Who would have thought four years ago that this would happen:)

checking out their first exhibit in the tropics

Bennet and Daddy seeing a Moose up close

Caleb petting a goat

Bennet just fed "Libby" the cow some hay, but my camera missed it--and Bennet's arm pulled back quickly fearing a bite of his hand!
Kylie petting a pig!
Today we had our last excursion with the Brands family of 5--the next time we venture out with them, they will be a family of 6:) As baby 'M' is due to arrive this week!!! Can't wait to meet him/her:)

We went to the zoo during an open house for our home. . .It was a bit of a chaotic morning getting everything ready, and I think the longer the house is on the market, the less enthusiastic I will be about "having everything just so." But for now. . . We had 4 people go through the house and I don't think they were very serious lookers, so we are reminded to view this venture "long term." I guess it is just showing me that God is in control of things and that I am not. He knows what we need and he desires good things for us. Can I have faith that He will give it to us? Yes! Will it be hard? Yes! Especially with the stress of trying to keep the house clean and keeping up with 3 active children. This housing thing is also teaching me about self worth. . .My house does not equal my self worth. When someone comes through my house and does not want it because of this negative thing or that, it could be easy to equate that with feelings of rejection. Or just wondering what people are saying when they walk through our house. . .is it good or bad?? Perhaps God intends for us to be a part of and have fellowship with this neighborhood for a while. Perhaps God intends to have us leave the Cities and therefore, will prevent us from buying a house here. Perhaps I need to wait:) I guess God has provided me another opportunity to be honest with him and to confess some weaknesses that I have. I have so many more thoughts, but it isn't a good time to be writing right now as the kids need to go to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! (and Dan too)
What a beautiful family you have! Your kids have such nice smiles!Congratulations on the next one too! How exciting! You look adorable! I enjoyed reading a bit about what is happening in the Beckering household. Where will you be moving to? -melissa http://www.xanga.com/wakonings