UGH. . .Having three young children has its own challenges and then they get sick. . .
Of course, right before we leave for Edgerton, Caleb starts coughing and running a temp and then while we were there, all 3 children run a temp and two of them end up throwing up. Leaving Dan and I's overnight get-a-way a little less enjoyable knowing that we have sick kids back at home. No one better than Grandparents to care for them, but I was unable to enjoy the get-a-way as much as I would have if they were healthy!
Today, I decided to bring Bennet in to the dr. She said that his lungs had lots of wheezing in them, and did a nebulizer right in the office and that cleared up a lot of the wheezing. But, she also thought that he had pneumonia settling in because there was still wheezing especially in one area, so she put him on an antibiotic and we need to neb him 4 times a day for the next few days.
Then, tonight at dinner, all three kids decide they need to take turns throwing up. Caleb, we decided, began to choke on a piece of chicken and Dan flung him over the sink just in time!!!!!!! Then after dinner Bennet was running around and got worked up coughing and he used the sink again. Finally, Kylie must have felt left out because she always is gaggy and she too had to take a turn above the sink. Again, I would like to claim the "Parents of the year award" for those parents who have cleaned up the most puke!:) Hopefully we are on the mend and when I write again, I will be writing of good health and warm weather!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day...okay, not so much. I hope you and Dan don't come down with it too.
I would have to say sleepless nights and cleaning up puke are two of the things I least look forward to as we embark on our parenting journey.
-Karen DB
Post a Comment