Thursday, March 6, 2008

Precious/Concerning

These are the statements we have found to be most precious recently:
Caleb: I am going to marry you (mommy), and daddy and Kylie and Bennet someday mommy, I just love you all so much.
Bennet: Daddy, you are so strong, you are the strongest daddy in the whole world!!! I bet you could kill a bear!:)
Kylie: I tell a seeket (secret). Then she wipes the hair away from daddy's ear (just as he does to her) and says, "aaI luf you." (I love you--with lots of air: )

These are the statements we find the most concerning lately:
Caleb: Mommy, if you sleep all night, Daddy, Bennet, Kylie and I will buy you some sleep cream. Then you can get rid of those rosey cheeks--I just hate them. (We don't have the tv on much here in the evenings, but this is consumerism at its best--we watched American idol the other night and he saw the commercial for night cream for faces and he is certain that I need it. . .funny to a degree, yet concerning none the less that he believes commercials and that he wants so much stuff!)
Bennet: I never, ever want to play with him again!!! (screamed at the top of his lungs)
Kylie: No pushing ME! (as she hits her brother), Mine! Mine! Yes! Yes! (when her mom is saying no) I want it, I WANT IT!!! I do, (screams) I DO!!!! She can get surprisingly loud and she always says things twice:) . . .

Ahh, these are the days. . .as the Miedema's put it, "We are just living the dream."

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Those words are precious. I will never forget when Caleb asked me if I was going to "milk my babies!" So innocent. Hope your doing well.
Love ya,
Alissa