Monday, July 28, 2008

Dutch Festival

Kylie loved the rides even though she is so little, she can barely see out!
Left to right: Riley, Kylie, Matthew, Maria, Caleb, Bennet, Madelyn, Micah
Candy at the parade was a major hit--the boys thought you had to wave to get the candy, so they would wave and say hi not to be "nice" but just to get a reward. . .

We enjoyed going back to Edgerton for the Dutch Festival and being at the farm. The kids enjoyed playing outside with all their cousins and it is a wonder that the baby kittens on the farm actually survive with all the handling. It is even more surprising that we came away with as few of scratches as we did--those kittens were pretty patient for the terror we saw them endure:) Dan and I each enjoyed a bit of time away also, as Dan went golfing with a few friends and I got to have lunch with a few ladies as well. When we counted, we think we saw and talked with about 12 classmates from high school! It was pretty fun to see everyone with kids. . .it is funny how you don't feel any older, yet somehow everyone has kids. . .
Caleb had a good life lesson, yet hard for him too. He was in the pedal pull tractor event and he got in a 4 or 5 way tie, so he had to re-pedal 3 times. He ended up not getting a trophy and boy we wondered why we had brought them to town:) Bennet did only got to pedal once and he thought THAT was unfair. Personally, I was thankful Caleb did not get a trophy because then we really would have heard it from Bennet--I guess this is only the beginning of issues with competition between the boys. I really hope we can somehow foster encouragement and team effort with them.

No comments: