Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Break. . .



On Wednesday evening we were treated with Dan's mom arriving to help watch the kids, so I could have a break. I went to Dan's school and helped him with as much as I could, but I found it relaxing and a change of pace. The kids had a great time with grandma and teased me that they got to stay home and have fun, while I had to go to work. . .so I think it worked out for everyone:) We also had an open house for the boys' preschool, so Grandma got to come along and see it, meet the teacher and help with the kids there. We got together with Darin and Tricia on Sat. evening and went to see the awesome fireworks display over the river for the aquatennial! Then Sunday evening Dan's folks stopped by on their way out of town and we grilled and hung out side with the neighborhood. Just as grandpa and grandma were leaving, the kids began playing down in the ditch with buckets because of rain water. They ended up making mud pies and having a GREAT TIME. We had had our pool out, so we needed to rinse all our kids off before bringing them in the house--I had to get a cute picture of this!!! Scout is the only one still clothed--she is the amazing child who doesn't like to get dirty:)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Boy..those are some cute butts! What a darling picture. So neat to see the neighbors all having fun together. Wish we were all a little closer with our neighbors. Hope you enjoyed some alone time when my mom was there. Take care and I'll call you soon.
Alissa