Monday, July 7, 2008

Camping cont.

Kylie playing in the dirt--can you see her black hands?
All three kids after fishing the first morning. . .we caught nothing that day.



Me at 23 weeks

A few added comments about camping. . .Bennet probably loved fishing the most--he sat in the van waiting for the rest of the family to be ready to go all 3 mornings. Kylie could have done without fishing--she didn't have much desire to fish--rather she would sit with me and ask for a "nak"/ snack--she basically lived off of cheetos, pop and juice while we were camping. Speaking of that, we were glad that the bathrooms were fairly close because with the increased pop/juice intake it amazed me how many times Kylie needed to go (not to mention myself). Caleb found a new friend camping--his new friend's name was "Caleb" I think he was 5 so pretty close in age. Both of them got a kick out of saying hi to each other and even before he fully recognized his new friend (because he was with a group of cousins), my Caleb would shout out to the group of kids, "Hi Caleb!, Hi Caleb!" and pretty soon a similar response would come back to him. . .
Dan continues to amaze me in the amount of food he can intake. The first morning we were there, I made a big breakfast (pancakes, eggs and sausages). I did this for Dan because my kids don't enjoy eggs, sausages, and only Caleb and Kylie like pancakes. Well, I thought that perhaps I could get them to eat some sausages or eggs. . .Nope. Dan ended up eating about 12-13 sausage links, 4 eggs and at least 4 pancakes!!! YIKES! I did bring way too much food along--the kids were too busy to eat much of anything, so I think Dan and I overate on all their food! Overall, again we really enjoyed ourselves and had the perfect weather to do that. The kids slept great even though they stayed up late and got up at the same time, that meant we all got naps in the afternoon:)
I am now 23 weeks along and feeling pretty big, but I guess their is always room to grow--we'll have to see if the belly looks like it did with the boys with this one. . . Dan did comment that I have really slowed down lately (we had a lot of walking to do at this campground because it was so spread out and I was just going Kylie's pace:) )

2 comments:

WAKonings said...

Great job on camping! Looks like you had an awesome time!

Jonathan said...

cute belly picture...
Jennifer