Kylie seems to be doing well with the potty training thing--although I think it should be called "mommy training." Because although she has brought me to the bathroom a couple times because she has to go, it is mostly me just putting her on the potty every hour or two. She can easily go all day if I remember to do this! She can use the potty for manipulation though. On Sunday, she did not want to go take a nap, so after crying for abot 10 minutes, I went back in to put her silkie back in her crib because she had thrown it out; she started to act like she had to go poopie and said potty, so I put her on. Then she asked me to sind, "Jesus." (short for Jesus loves me) and she fell asleep on the potty!!! We have a couple pictures. . .
Another picture of potty training at its finest occurred today, however it was not the time for a picture. We had friends from church over for a playdate and everyone was having a great time. I also was taking care of Matthew and Kylie and Matthew are big buds and whenever they are together, I rarely see Kylie! Anyway, our friends were getting ready to leave and Kylie and Matthew were upstairs. I sent Caleb and Julia upstairs to check on them after a while and they came downstairs saying that Kylie had climbed in her crib. I went up there because she was yelling to get out and realized that she had pooped in her crib. A nice pile of soft stuff was on her sheets--she had a rubber ducky she was smacking the pile with and the poop was on her cheek, hands, legs and tummy--Yuck. I discovered Matthew had some on his shirt also. So, both of them got in the tub and then I spent considerable time cleaning up the crib and everything else I thought she and Matthew touched! Oh the joys of motherhood:)
1 comment:
Oh Laura....I just giggle at your stories. You should really write a book! What more you can you do but laugh right. Too bad Dan is not always home to help you clean up these "cute" messes. Some day I see that picture of Kylie sleeping on the potty somewhere on her wedding video!!! Keep the pics coming. I look forward to them everyday!
Love you,
ALissa
Post a Comment