Monday, December 17, 2007

I HATE going to sleep; I HATE, HATE, HATE it!

Boy, when I heard that tonight, I instantly thought of that Christmas story that I had been told about Dan. Do any of you remember? I think it was that the Beckerings were getting together for Christmas and someone was late (I am not sure if I got this right, but I thought it was Roger and Karen). So Dan was so anxious to open presents he states boldly, "I hate Roger and Karen; I hate them," (because they were late and he wanted to open gifts. Well, not only do the boys look like Dan, they say some things exactly like hime too:) Tonight Caleb was very upset that he had to go to sleep and he said, "I HATE sleeping; I HATE, HATE, HATE it." Needless to say, we had a very long, drawn-out bedtime tonight much to both parents dismay.

Unfortunately, this morning I woke to Bennet coming in our bed, breathing quite labored. So into the bathroom that doubles for our steam room and give him a quick nebulizer treatment. Finally he falls asleep again at 6:45 (this began at 5); He woke a short 20 minutes later quite panicky and even more trouble breathing. So we tried the steamroom again, but I was a little nervous at this point and decide that cold air might work better. So I take him outside for a bit, but as he put it, "IT's not working, mommy." He was quite uncomforatable and restless, so I put the TV on, just to get him to go into that commatos stare he and his brother do. I worked like a charm. But we headed to the dr. at 10 am and she knew right away why we were there. Usually croup goes away during the day, but Bennet had pretty bad strider breathing, so the dr. gave him a shot of steroids. I am praying they work because usually the first night of croup is not the worst (it usually takes 3 nights to get over the hump) and if tonight is worse, we aren't going to sleep. I am clinging to these words the dr. said today, "Well, this should be the last winter of croup; typically they grow out of it by age 5." I sure hope so--it is so scarey to hear them breath like that! While this was taking place, I couldn't help say a prayer of thanks that God has blessed the Stuive twins to be full term! No they are not born yet, but after 37 weeks, they are considered full term babies--what a blessing. Please continue to pray for them and their health and also lift up Bennet tonight! It would be great to be healthy again to enjoy the celebrating Jesus' birth with family and friends!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Thanks Laura for the prayer for our babies. As much as I would like them out for my sake, I feel blessed that God has kept them safe and healthy inside me for this long. We cannot wait to meet them and for them to meet you! I will say a prayer not only for Bennet, but also for all of the kids, that they stay healthy during the holidays. It can be draining on them and can make them more susecptible to sickness. Hope your shopping was successsful and Dan's grading maybe somewhat got done. Talk to you tomorrow.
Love ya,
Alissa