Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Avery

Avery has been giving us quite a run for our money these days.  She probably was our easiest baby and has now turned into our most difficult Toddler.  She can make messes faster than anyone!  Here the dishwasher wasn't quite all the way clicked shut and she had every dirty dish emptied out before I could stop her.  Then at the Dutch Festival--at the pedal tractor pull, she disappeared and within a matter of 5 minutes of losing her, a stranger was carrying her around, when I asked him where she was, he told me she was in the road.  I still get sick thinking about it.  Then on Sunday. . .
She bumped something as Dan and I were getting ready for church and got quite the shiner. . .the side profile gives you an idea of the swelling--quite gross.
This was right after it happened--she wasn't squinting, it was just a large egg. . .
This was Day 2. . .we debated if we should go in and get a stitch, but when she was asleep, I was able to put a butterfly bandage on there.

So here we are day 3--nice shades of purple setting in.  With all my other kids I took their 18 month pictures and have been meaning to get her in for that (now that she is 21 months), however, I guess we will have to put those pictures off some more!  Sorry Avery:)

1 comment:

Beckering Family said...

Ouch, that looks like it really hurt. She has to keep you on your toes and make some good memories since she is your last one right!?! Hope you guys are doing good, we will have to have you over sometime soon.