Well, I guess I asked for it. . .I took all four children to super Walmart. But there are occassions when it just needs to be done! Thinking ahead, I packed the three older kids a baggie of gold fish and few gummy worms. That would have been great, except my kids have a problem of being greedy and very interested in what we could buy! Shortly into the shopping experience Kylie grabbed for some hair bands she thought she wanted. Her baggie open, drops upside down into the cart, most falling through the cart. We pick up some of them, get going again, and Bennet drops his baggie and the shopping cart wheel rolls over it. . ."oops" says Bennet and then, "That's okay, it'll be okay." He reassures himself. Meanwhile Avery is not happy, possibly hungry. . . So I try to get my shopping done, but Avery is just getting more upset--so we head to a dressing room where all the kids and I sit while Avery eats (Well, I sat, the kids jumped around, made faces in the mirror, were embarrassingly loud). You can't imagine how many looks I got from people as we walked through the store and this time I think 3 different women asked me if they were all mine. . . Yes, and I am glad they are. I admit there have been a few (a number of) occassions where I thought we were in over my head (and we are at times:) ), but I wouldn't change it for the world! For some reason today I just keep thinking about next year and sending the boys off to school--that is half our kids at once! Too soon they all will be in school! So today I am able to look at the bright side of things even though our day began at 5:50 am. . .it is a good day.
An update on the house: We have had several showings at our house--we had 5 in the last 6 days! But no bites yet; we mostly have had positive feedback, but recently some feedback to lower price. . .we'll see! You would have thought that both Dan and I would have been excited to move and ready, but this time before we put it on the market we both felt "unsure." We know that soon we will need a third bedroom (some may say that we already do:) ), but we are mostly content, we love our neighbors and have learned more about looking on the bright side to many of the "negatives" about our town home. My prayer continues to be that if God really wants us to move, then He'll bring a buyer.
1 comment:
Love your story Laura!!!!!!!!! I have had a rough time in the store with just my two. Glad your getting the showings and I too believe God has it all in His hands.
Love ya,
Alissa
Post a Comment