Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Too cute





Caleb is left and Bennet is right in the above photos:)

So I heard about this great clearance sale at Kohl's this week and I happened to get a 30% off coupon in the mail, so I went there today with all of the kids. They did amazingly well--we shopped for at least 2 hours! I found some deals--I bought the boys clothes for next fall (hopefully) pants for 2.40 with an additional 30 % off. However, the clothes pictured above were on sale, but not the good one and I don't know if we will keep them, but I had to get pictures in them--it was too cute to pass up!

The boys continue to amaze me; they seem to be growing up so quickly all of a sudden. They still have their impulsiveness, but they are much more reflective, asking deep questions, and can concentrate well. Unfortunately grandma Sophie (Dan's grandma) passed away over break and we all have been thinking a lot about her these days, the boys included. Several times Caleb has prayed, "Thank-you Jesus that we can go see great grandma again someday. Thank-you Jesus for healing her body and making her well again." Bennet on the other hand has gotten emotional that we won't be able to go see her again at Edgebrook. He also has asked questions at bedtime including, "Where will great-grandma Sophie sleep tonight?" This leads to great stories about "our father's mansion, filled with rooms for us." Also, the other day we went to Allison's house for a play date and Bennet totally out of the blue (no one had been talking about anything like this) says, "Will we be the same color when we die?" I answered that I believe we will have the same bodies in heaven. Then he said, "I don't like death/dying." to which Caleb echoed a similar response. But it gave me the opportunity to tell them that even Jesus didn't like dying--he wept and asked God to take it away from him, but he still did it so that WE could live with God. Later in the car ride after discussions about cranes and construction vehicles and trains and cloud makers (smoke stacks), Bennet says, why did they nail his hands and feet to the cross. Is he really old enough to know about capital punishment??? Anyway, I feebly tried to explain it and it must have been to his satisfaction because that was the end of it. He certainly is reflective--it just goes to show you that a lot can go on in the mind of a four year old!

2 comments:

The Van Hulzens said...

Very cute pics :-) Don't you love end of the season stuff at Kohl's!!!

I found your blog from linking from Steve and Tara's :-) Very cute!

heidi

Rachelle said...

Hey Laura,
I loved hearing from you a while back. It was funny because I had just seen a picture of you at a church Christmas program. Jon and Jennifer had sent some with Hannah and you just happened to be in one. It was so good to read your blog and see your cute kids. You have your hands full! They are adorable. Motherhood is definitely the best and hardest job, right? Glad to hear that you are all doing well. We will have to keep in touch. I will be checking your blog from time to time now that I know you have one!