Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Remember this?


Who knew that nearly 4 years later--this would be Alissa's
new life:) "A picture before its time" But will Alissa's babies be boys??????
If I had to guess Bennet left, Caleb right.
Caleb left, Bennet right in the swing.

Kylie on her birthday with Gpa and Gma Beckering!

Kylie two weeks old, Caleb holding her, Bennet in red.
In trying to keep true to my word of upadating weekly, I am going to post some pictures from when the boys and Kylie were babies:) We really don't have much new going on in our lives. Since last week we have had a volleyball game, an all day volleyball tournament which ended my JV volleyball season, and church and Bible study. This is the first night Dan and I are home with the kids (Dan had parent teacher conferences on Monday night and then class on Tuesday night), so we have really enjoyed it:) I should add I did have a proud moment on Monday. I loaded all the kids up in the van because we were desperate for groceries and I backed the van out of the garage, but we bottomed out. I thought that I should check, because that was odd. Well, my drivers back tire was COMPLETELY flat. So, hoping I wouldn't wreck the rim, I drove back into the garage, unloaded the kids and decided to change the tire. (I knew that if I didn't do this, it would be Wednesday before I could go anywhere as Dan wouldn't be available to help me.) I enlisted my neighbor Sharon to help me--she gave me the confidence that we could do it and then she called her husband periodically with questions, and she read the directions to me. I did underestimate how heavy the tire would be as I took it off of the van and it dropped a bit sqeezing the end of my finger--all in all I am quite proud of my slightly purple finger as it is a marker of the job completed!!! We got the spare on and then during my kids' nap, she came over and I ran to the tire shop where they patched the tire, put it back on and the spare back into place in probably 1/4 the time it took us to change it:) Oh well, a learning experience!

I baked cupcakes with the kids this afternoon and then after supper tonight, we delivered them to all of our neighbors with kids. At first the boys didn't want to give away their cupcakes, but they got into it and said can we do the next house?

No comments: