Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Alissa!





Happy Birthday, Alissa! Caleb is still wondering how we can sing happy birthday and eat cake with you:) We wanted to wish you a very special day and pray God continues to bless you throughout your pregnancy!


We had a good weekend, but it was filled with "Daddy daycare." I had a tournament most of the day on Saturday and then Sunday at noon, my neighbor Melissa and I began to cook. We had each picked out 10 freezer meal recipes and we planned to double them and make them all for our freezer (so a total of 40 meals). Well, we finally wrapped things up at 1:30 am and we left the dishes and our other 4 dessert recipes for Monday. We do feel like we accomplished a lot--learned quite a bit and despite how long it took us, we were quite efficient. I still have one dessert recipe to go, but I forgot an ingredient (talk about a math lesson--converting all the recipes to similar whatever (oz., lbs., cans, cups, etc.) It took us 3 hours on Friday night to go get groceries and our husbands weren't the happiest campers on the block (although supportive and excited about all the food). Anyway, now that they are all made and we went through all that work, it is just like I cleaned my house really well and I don't want anyone to mess it up--I feel like we'll save those meals for when I get in a pinch--I don't want to use all those hard earned hours right away:) But that wasn't our intent--we intend to use them up and try do it again in about 6 weeks--we'll see how it goes. We made everything from soups to casseroles to orange chicken and we used a lot of new recipes, so we are excited to taste these recipes for the first time.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Thanks for the sweet Birthday wish. Auntie Alissa loved it. It was one of the best parts of her Birthday. We will have to have cake when you guys come to see the babies. Miss you and cannot wait to talk to you about all the cooking. Love ya

Josh, Shelly & Emma Nibbelink said...

Laura, that sounds like a great idea!!! A bunch of us from work went to Super Suppers in Sioux Falls where you do the same thing (except they do all the grocery shopping & the cleanup!!!). It is really nice to have the meals on hand. You'll have to share your recipes with me ~ this sounds like a lot of fun!!!

This blog is great!!! It is so much fun to catch up on what is going on with you guys!!!

Shelly Nibbelink