Thursday, October 27, 2011

Avery turns 3!

We were trying to keep Avery's 3rd birthday party low key...we had a cake with my parents and my sister's family and thought that was enough for her this year.  However, she is too smart for that.  She kept talking about when her friends were coming to her party and she would list her friends for me...so with a little bit of mom-guilt going, we had a second birthday party with her friends (and a coffee party for the moms:)  )


Traditional breakfast in the bed of the birthday person on the morning of their birthday--cinnamon rolls on the menu!


In between parties, I was was blowing leaves off of our rocks.  Avery, never wanting to be far away, was hanging out on the deck.  When I turned around, there she was sleeping on the deck! 


Here is her cake for her "friend party"!  She wanted strawberry shortacke...it just so happened Kylie wanted that for here 3rd birthday, so I imitated Kylie's cake with a few slight differences!


Her friends at her party...Owen is next to her, then Asa, Carter was here too but was very busy playing!

Asa and Avery playing birthday party with her new present!
Avery...my baby...has turned 3 already!  It is hard to imagine that it has been 3 years already.  At age 3, she is really into Berenstein Bears and Caillou for TV shows, she LOVES playing games and has replaced her puzzle obbession with games.  Right after the kids leave for school, she asks, "mom, will you play a game with me?"  I (and I think Avery too) have really been enjoying our 1-on-1 time in the morning together!  She amazes me with how much she thinks about and how much she can articulate.  We have been working on sucking her fingers less...that is going to be tough and she told me, "That is really hard."  We were walking in the mall the other day and she happened to see a Mario Cart game and she told me, "Mom, look at this, the boys would LOVE that for Christmas!"  She has an amazingly competitive spirit and we can get her to do almost anything by saying, "I am going to beat you!"  :)  I think she is catching on to this trick though.  Lastly, the other night she had a babysitter and she was praying with her and she said, "Jesus, please help me not to get died on the cross."  How she thinks of these things????  We love her to pieces and are very glad she is a part of our family.  We are so excited to see how God will use her and can begin to see the talents He has blessed her with! 

No comments: