Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Boys' b-day

Bennet
Caleb
WE ARE FIVE! They tried to pump each other up in the morning by jumping up and down and giving high fives--it seemed a little forced to me, but it was cute!
Here are a couple photos of the boys on their birthday morning. This year we just went swimming with them as a family at the Chaska community center. They didn't receive many presents on their birthday and this year they noticed. . .As we were coming back from the community center, I was trying to tell them what a great day it was--handing out treats to their friends at preschool, swimming, now cake with Micah, etc. Bennet said, "Yah, mom, but there is just one problem. . .No one is giving us presents!" Still today, he was complaining that we hadn't bought them anything. . .I said flying on an airplane to Florida would be their present, but to a 5 year old, it isn't quite the same as unwrapping a gift. They are convinced that they need to go shopping to buy something with the money they received from both grandparents. Both of them continue to be very dramatic boys. Caleb told me just out of the blue yesterday that, "Even if you (mom) stop liking me, I will always love you." Then, not one hour later. . .they were bugging me and bugging me to play the Wii. . .I told them that if they asked again, they wouldn't play it until after nap time (This was at 8 am). Well, of course, Caleb asked again. After realizing his consequence, what do you think he said, "I don't like my mamma. . ." When I reminded him of what he said earlier, he quickly said that he really did love me. . . WHAT DRAMA!

No comments: