Thursday, November 1, 2007

Treats. . .





Oh my--this is the first year we really did trick or treating and oh my did we get treats. I bought some treats in case we had trick or treaters, but we sure didn't need to because we weren't home and we brought home more treats than you can imagine! We went with the Brands family to Southdale Mall. We didn't even go into all of stores. In about an hours time, the kids had gone to 2 levels of stores, each boy made a trip with daddy to the bathroom, and Bennet lost his sword. Some tears and explaining that you need to keep track of your own things and both mommy and daddy searching threw about 1/2 dozen stores from where we knew he had it until he noticed he lost it, BUT still no sword. So, we were walking toward our mall exit when I happend to notice a man going up the escalator with two girls and a bag with a sword handle sticking out. I mentioned it to Vonda, who said,"That is a little odd, you want to go ask him?" I replied that it probably wasn't worth it and by that time Bennet was pretty much over it. However, when I told Dan about it, the ran across the mall, up the escalator and caught up to the guy. He said he did not speak very clear English, but he handed the sword over without much questioning. Bennet was a happy camper:) I'll post some pictures of the group of cousins, and the "loot" afterward. . .if mommy can keep her hands off of the candy, we might have enough candy to last us until spring:)!

No comments: