Wow--in the middle of the move, I began to think. . .I really don't ever want to do this again. We were so thankful for all the help we had and the timing of everything was great. We were able to start cleaning and painting 2 days before closing on the house. Then we moved most of our stuff over to the new house Wednesday and finished on thursday morning. Since our new house didn't have a fridge and when we finally got a fridge, we lived out of a dorm fridge and coolers for a few days--let's just say it was wonderful when we got our frigde plugged in!!! I have thoroughly been enjoying our new washer and dryer and even took advantage of our clothes lines a few times--LOVE the smell of fresh clothes.
It has been difficult to leave our old neighborhood--thankfully we have seen them some since the move and they helped with kids and unpacking--what wonderful friends!!! The morning after we slept in the new house, Kylie came up to me and said, "Mom, can we go home now." A few days ago, we had to run some errands in Shakopee and Bennet said," Mom when are we going to move back to Shakopee?" When I said we weren't going to, he said, "WHAT??? Well, you maybe aren't, but I am going to!" We are really going to miss our built in playmates and friends! We have met 2 kids who live right behind our house a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. That has seemed to help the kids a bit. They have a playset that we can use anytime which is awesome too!
We are still adjusting and we have yet to purchase a mower, but we are getting settled. We are so thankful for all the help people offered and gave us in the move. You all worked so hard and made this move a LOT less stressful! Thank you all so much! I hope to get some better pictures of our new surroundings to post soon.
1 comment:
Looks like such a neat place to call home now! I'm sure the transition will take a bit of time, but it sounds like the kids are outgoing enough to make some new friends in the new neighborhood soon!!
Post a Comment